- Fairground rides
- Live music
- Food stalls
- Craft stalls
- Coconut shy,
- Pelt a Parent,
- Children’s Crafting Tent,
- Welly Wanging,
- Balloon modelling,
- Other games and entertainments.
Story Telling Sessions:
There will be free story telling sessions for children by a professional storyteller located under the pine trees on the Henry’s Avenue side of the park, at the following times:
Music Schedule (As amended 4th September):
We have some great musical entertainment lined up during the afternoon at the following times:
12:30 to 13:10 – ANYTHING GOES
13:25 to 14.05 – THE WORKHOUSE
14.20 to 15.05 – THE CANDY GIRLS
15.20 to 16.00 – THE SPANGLES GANG
16.15 to 17.00 THE CANDY GIRLS (Second Set)
You can find out more about the musicians and their music by clicking on the link below:
Music Schedule Picnic in the Park_2021_Final_Update
hSpark Radio will be broadcasting live from the event , so if you can’t make it along or are sitting too far away from the music tent to hear the music, you can tune in to hSpark Radio on your phone and listen in on: https://hspark.co.uk/
- Please make every effort to come by foot to the event to avoid traffic congestion in the surrounding streets.
- Tamworth Avenue will be closed to al vehicles apart from resident only access.
- To reduce traffic congestion Parking will not be allowed on one side of Charter Road (the other side of the road to the lake) from Falmouth Avenue to Tamworth Avenue , so please take care when parking, so you don’t get fined or towed away.
- Please abide by prevailing COVID guidelines when at the event and be mindful of other people’s personal space.
Toilet facilities will be available at Humphry’s Café (near the Tamworth Avenue entrance to the park).
Chews Dog Training will be holding a Community Dog Show Competition at the picnic again this year for local dog owners to take part with categories to suit everyone. Entry details and a timetable for the dog show and competition are shown in the poster below: