To celebrate the 150th anniversary of the railway coming to Highams Park, The Highams Park Planning Group and the Highams Park Society have arranged a community event in Highams Park Station Car Park.
Location: Highams Park Station Car Park, Station Approach, E4 9LA
Time: 11:00am until 4:00pm
The event is railway and transport themed and the entertainment on offer includes:
- Free rides children’s train themed roundabout
- The Stow Caledonian Pipe Band
- Harmony E4 Choir
- A Street Organ
- Model Steam Engines
- Free rides in a Vintage Bus (half hourly throughout the day)
A group of volunteers from local theatre groups will be in period costume throughout the day and will be happy to answer questions about the history of the railway in Highams Park.
Food, drinks and memorabilia will be available onsite from a variety of stalls, including:
- The Stag & Lantern (beers)
- Shaws Butchers
- FYND Pizza
- Bens Sweet Treats
- The Cheese & Pieman
- Bowden’s Funfair (mulled wines, soft drinks, hot dogs, chestnuts and more)
- The Highams Park Society (commemorative mugs, tea towels and more)
V and A Books in The Avenue opposite the Station is opening especially for the event and will be stocking an array of railway themed and local history books.
Timetable for entertainments:
- 11.00 – Event Opens
- 11.15 – 11.45 Street Organ – Playing
- 12.00 – 12.20 Stow Caledonian Pipe Band
- 12.30 – 13.00 Street Organ – Playing
- 13.20 – 13.50 Street Organ – Demo
- 14.00 – 14.20 Harmony E4 Choir
- 14.20 – 14.50 Street Organ – Demo
- 15.00 – 15.20 Harmony E4 Choir
- 15.20 – 15.40 Street Organ – Playing
- 15.40 – 16.00 Stow Caledonian Pipe Band
- 16.00 – Event Closes
We hope you can join us and help celebrate this special anniversary.